Saturday, November 10, 2012

Is it Christmas time yet?

Wow I've been so bad this year about wanting to decorate early for Christmas. In years past it hasn't been that bad to wait till after Thanksgiving, however now that Whitnee is getting older and I see the excitement on her face I want to start early. Am I the only one who is having that problem. The pure excitement and joy gets me every time! I have found some ways to keep me occupied and to fix the itch I keep wanting to scratch. I want to show them with you.

This is my winter holiday wreath! I didn't want to do just a Christmas one, 'cause then I would have to make another one for when Christmas is over, so with this one I can keep it up all winter long. YAY! this was my first time make one with tulle, it really liked the way it turned out and even Michael mentioned that he likes it.


I'm all about making Christmas gifts and this year I made one for Whitnee. She had a bow holder given to her at one of the showers we had. Well at the time I thought, wow I'll never get enough bows to fill this thing up. Well was I wrong! in 3 years we have it over flowing, so I've decided to make Whitnee another one. I'm so happy with how it turned out.


This year Michael and I decided that Whitnee was old enough to have her own Christmas tree in her room. So we made a deal with Whitnee, if she could keep her room clean for a week, we would get her a tree, she decided she wanted a pink one. Well it was cute because one day she was in her room playing and came running into the living room and told me, mommy I'm done playing in my room and I need your help cleaning it up. I was so proud of her for asking me to help instead of just letting it be. So tonight on our way to Walmart, and Hobby Lobby we went. So was so excited and would have got all the ornaments at Hobby Lobby if she could have. Here are a few pictures of us decorating and her tree.

When we got the tree at Walmart she wanted to carry it herself and when I asked to take a picture she refused to let me see her face, silly girl!


Close up of some of the ornaments. She has Hello Kitty's (or Shelby's as she calls them) Gingerbread men and Women, peppermints (her fav), shoes, purses etc. Such a pretty girly tree :D

When did she get so big?

Again with the hiding the face thing, I love this little girl with ever part of me! I'm one lucky mommy!!


Things with Julie are going great, Whitnee LOVES looking for her every morning and when she is so excited to see all the different places she can hide.

Hoping the next couple of weeks hurry up so I can put up our big tree and the rest of our decorations. Beside the cold this really is my favorite time of the year!

Until next time, hope you and your families are well!


No comments:

Post a Comment